February 21, 2019 / Jennifer Bryan
10 Things, 10 Years
1. “Do you really want to be happy? You can begin by being appreciative of who you are and what you've got.”
Ten years of having the privilege of delivering brands to a growing roster of clients with fabulous collaborative partners makes us want to pinch ourselves. We get to do this every day – how’d we get this gig? We know we have it good.
2. “You’re braver than you believe and stronger and smarter than you think.”
We never say yes to something we can’t handle. We roll up our sleeves and get it done. Never stop learning. Never stop growing. Never stop reaching. Take that leap of faith and then deliver at all costs.
3. “It is more fun to talk with someone who doesn’t use long, difficult words but rather short, easy words like, “What about lunch?”
Finding common ground is more important than dazzling with intellect. Be human, be approachable. Say yes and support others. It’s all about coming together to make something amazing. That happens when egos are checked at the door.
4. “Oh Bother”
Passwords suck, technology is kludgey, revisions are tedious, but details matter and how we track, communicate, resolve and care is what makes us excel at what we do.
5. “When you see someone putting on his big boots you can be pretty sure an adventure is going to happen.”
Every day is an opportunity to make something great. What’s it gonna be today? Approaching each day with wonder brings wonder to each day.
6. “People say nothing is impossible, but I do nothing every day.”
Sometimes you have to stand up and walk around the block. We are problem solvers. Nothing is impossible, but sometimes the impossible is resolved in the mundane of doing nothing at all.
7. “You can’t stay in your corner of the Forest waiting for others to come to you. You have to go to them sometimes.”
We make it personal. Site visits, office visits, immersing ourselves in the experiences are the keys to making a brand personal, authentic and grounded. We find your story out in the field, not behind our screens.
8.“If the person you are talking to doesn’t appear to be listening, be patient. It may simply be that he has a small piece of fluff in his ear.”
It’s important to listen with your heart open, your mouth closed and your hands still. It’s amazing what you’ll be able to hear.
9. “How lucky I am to have something that makes saying goodbye so hard.”
We cultivate talent for the long haul. Respect breeds trust. Trust breeds loyalty. Loyalty breeds love. When you build a team of talented people, trust them to deliver and they will deliver mighty good things. We are a family, with all the love, respect, messiness and joy of being together every day.
10. “Think, Think, Think”
Think, Create, Deliver has guided our approach for ten years. Think first. Design later. Good design is grounded in strategy. Sure, we can make it pretty – but what does that matter if it doesn’t tell you anything? When we think first, we Create Meaningful Work to deliver to our clients, and that is what we are here to do for years to come.
Thank you for letting us be part of your journey.